When it comes to waterproofing your home, the basement is one of the most common areas to waterproof due to the fact that it is on the ground level, closest to where the water would first get through. If you have gotten water seeping through your basement floor, or have suffered through flooded basements you may want to consider waterproofing your basement.
If you are unsure if there is water making its way into your basement without your knowledge, there are some warning signs that you can look out for.
1. Do you suddenly have an insect infestation in your basement that was not present until recently?
2. Is your paint peeling or your paneling dry rotting?
3. Are you having respiratory problems or problems with your allergies every time you spend time down your basement?
4. Is there a musty smell when you first walk into you basement?
5. Is there mold or mildew present anywhere in your basement?
6. Are you finding cracks in your walls or floors?
If you are answering yes to any number of these then chances are you have water making it into your house in some fashion, and you should start looking into fixing the issues. Water damage in your basement goes further than just damaging your home. Water damage can cause issues that become hazardous to your health.
So What Are Your Options
In order to get started waterproofing your basement, you need to know exactly when and how to go about it. The best decision you can make when it comes to waterproofing your home is to have one of Chester County Siding Service’s experts do an in home consultation so that they can decide which method of waterproofing will be most beneficial for your specific case.
Your basement should be a safe, relaxing place for both you and your family. Don’t let improper waterproofing get in the way of that. When you let the experts at Chester County Siding Services handle your basement waterproofing needs you are making the right decision. With over three decades of experience in this industry we are highly qualified for all of you waterproofing service needs. Don’t wait to start protecting your home from water damages, give us a call today.
6 Most Common Types Of Waterproofing
1. Plastic Sheets And Panels
2. Silicate-Based Concrete Sealers
3. Exterior Bituminous Coatings
4. Waterproofing Paint
5. Interior Sub Slab Drainage
6. Concrete Waterproofing Coatings